Monday, July 11, 2022

Day 73 - Wednesday, July 6, 2022 - 0 miles - 4294 steps - Zero in Steamboat Springs - Vert Up - 0’ - Vert Dwn - 0’ - Total Miles to Date - 1124.8

Jon offered me the use of a bike to get around town today. What a great idea. Saved me walking on my sore foot for a day. Before I went to town I sorted my food. I dumped out my granola. I really like it for breakfast, quick and tasty and full of calories but it gives me monumental gas. I need an alternative. I have pop tarts and I’ll try Special K as a substitute. Not as calorie dense, but we’ll see. 


On the bike I rode to the BAP store, the Big Agnes outlet. It is in a bright red house one block off the main business district. Got some light weight tent stakes to replace the ones I’ve lost in the winds (when the wind whips the tent and the stake pulls out the cord flings the stake off into the bushes. I can never find them), some bug repellent, a new spoon and fuel canister. I checked at the drug store about switching to topical Ibuprofen instead of oral but decided against it, mailed some unnecessary stuff to Andy from the post office and then met D’Anne for lunch at the Mai Thai restaurant. We had a nice lunch. The food was excellent. By now I was fading due to the COVID booster so I struggled home and went to bed. It was about 3:00pm. Jon and his wife went out to dinner, so I had the place to myself. I had some Special K for dinner, checked my pack to be sure it was ready to go and went back to bed, achy and exhausted from the effects of the shot. 


2:00am until 6:00am we’re a sea of pain. My left arm and shoulder were inconsolable. Neither heat nor ice would calm the pain although hot showers distracted me enough that I didn’t notice it while the water was bearing on me. DONT GET A COVID BOOSTER WHILE ON A THROUGH HIKE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment