Saturday, June 25, 2022

Day 62 - Saturday, June 25, 2022 - 0 miles - 3065 steps - zero in Silverthorne - Vert Up - 0’ - Vert Dwn - 0’ - Total Miles to Date - 960.6

Noticeable improvement on the foot!! Still not good, but better is better than worse. I can walk without a noticeable limp. I still feel pain with each step, but it is a level 2 instead of level 6 pain. Time to try out this foot and see what it can tolerate. 


After breakfast Jean Bruno and I decided to go to REI and the grocery store. The bus stop is about 100 yards away down the highway. Hop on the bus and 7 minutes later I am at REI again. I needed Croakies to hold my glasses on my face. Jean Bruno needed some items at the grocery. In and out and back to the bus stop. Round trip including shopping and ride-a little more than an hour. 


Back in the house I packed my resupply food into its dry bag and then spread all the gear I’m carrying into an organized layout for a photo, all the while eyeing what I could dump to lighten my load. 


Sally called and we got her VISA account repaired so she can verify purchases she makes without the verification request coming to me. 


I’ve decided to stay one more day at the house. Instead of hiking tomorrow (Sunday) I will wait until Monday, giving my foot one more day of R&R. Hopefully, the extra day will pay dividends in the days ahead on the trail.  


Day is not over, and I am caught up with my blogging!  May add more to this one later. 


Not much to add. Talked to my brother Ken about his flying to Canada for Kenmore Air and to Andy. Mostly laying around icing my foot and watching YouTube videos, eating dinner and resting. One more day tomorrow of rest, then back on the trail and we’ll see how the foot does. 


While I had everything out of my pack I put together a photo of everything I am carrying. Here it is:










Also, here are my feet as of yesterday morning. Can you tell which one is swollen (they both look bad). 

No comments:

Post a Comment