Monday, June 27, 2022

Day 63 - Sunday, June 26, 2022 - 0 miles - 3550 steps - zero in Silverthorne - Vert Up - 0’ - Vert Dwn - 0’ - Total Miles to Date - 960.6

Oooo. What a nasty day!  Started thundering and raining at about 11:00am and continued most of the day. I am glad I stayed put inside Lee and Sue’s house to let my foot recover more. It was a wet one. 


Jean Bruno left at 7:45am to catch the 7:58 bus to Silverthorne. The trail passes right through town. He bussed to the route and started hiking from there. I will follow in his footsteps tomorrow, with a much better weather forecast. 


What did I do all day?  Nothing. Exactly what I am supposed to be doing. Not totally true. I vacuumed, scrubbed the bathtub I have been using, cleaned the kitchen, swept the kitchen floor, took the garbage out - generally tried to erase any evidence Jean Bruno and I were here. 


Had a nice long FaceTime call with Sally. Watched a Netflix documentary on Michael Jordan. 


That’s it. 


Foot is better, by far, but still talks to me with each step. I will baby it up the trail tomorrow and in the days ahead, hoping it will heal further in spite of 10s of thousands of steps each day. We will see. 


Only about 200 miles of Colorado left, then it is the flat expanse of Wyoming’s great divide basin for 100+ miles before entering the Wind River Range. Yellowstone is a question mark due to the flooding, but it is well over a month away. Lots can change during that time. 


Onward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment